Microsoft has released a new Chromium-based build of Microsoft Edge, 96.0.1032.0, to the Dev Channel. The update brought with it several new features as well as various fixes and improvements.
What's new in Edge Dev 96.0.1032.0
- Added an item to the menu when right-clicking tabs that moves the tab to a different profile, even if no windows for that profile are currently open.
- Enabled voice typing in web pages on Windows 11.
- Added a button to the main feedback dialog to easily get to the “Recreate my problem” sub-dialog.
- Added an X to close certain toast notifications that appear when managing Collections.
- Added a button to exit Immersive Reader on iPad.
- Added improved messaging when the Web Widget fails to open because an extension disabled it.
- Fixed a crash when opening a window to a profile when a window for another profile is open.
- Fixed a crash when viewing Settings in a Guest window.
- Fixed a crash when using Internet Explorer mode.
- Fixed a crash on Android when using third-party autofill providers.
- Fixed a crash on Android when downloading something.
- Fixed a crash on iPad.
- Fixed some crashes on Android 12.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 apps when opening a context menu (Issue 1744).
- Fixed an issue where enabling spellchecking for multiple languages resulted in only one language getting spellcheck results.
- Fixed an issue where opening a new window from the Favorites or History management pages fails.
- Fixed an issue where importing data from other browsers sometimes fails in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue where certain kinds of browser history are able to be deleted even when deleting history is disabled by management policy.
- Fixed an issue where editing a text note in a Collection sometimes isn’t possible because the pane automatically scrolls to where the note isn’t visible.
- Fixed an issue where entering Kids mode unnecessarily adds badging to browser shortcuts.
- Fixed an issue where websites that ask for permission to use a 2-Factor Authentication device result in a blank permission dialog.
- Fixed an issue where setting a website installed as an app to run when the device starts up via the app’s post-install dialog isn’t reflected in the Apps management page.
- Fixed an issue where there is no indication that a download has started in websites installed as apps.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the button in Settings to restart the browser doesn’t actually restart it.
- Fixed an issue where input sometimes doesn’t work when mini menus are visible.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Widget doesn’t respond to touchscreen input.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox where the Setting to open a specific page on browser startup doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where signing into the browser sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where signing into the browser sometimes fails after updating the app.
- Fixed an issue where company resources are sometimes blocked with a “You can’t get there from here” error even though the device and browser are signed into the company properly.
- Fixed an issue where setting the default search provider sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites can’t be logged into in InPrivate.
- Fixed an issue on Android 12 where autofill data save prompts sometimes don’t appear when they should.
- Fixed an issue where data is sometimes inadvertently imported from other browsers multiple times in a row, leading to duplicate data.
Like any other pre-release build of the browser, today's update also comes with a list of known issues. So don't forget to check out that list.
Download Edge Dev
The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev is available for download on the official Edge Insider website. Existing users will receive the update automatically in coming hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to force it check for updates and fetch the actual version.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!