Microsoft just released Edge 100.0.1185.7 to Insiders in the Dev channel. The Redmond firm is about to push it to the Beta channel, and subsequently update the Dev channel with version 101. The release changes defaults for Clarity Boost in Xbox Cloud Gaming, auto-signing behavior, and brings a few more group policies. Finally, there are some fixes, one of which reduces the number of extensions that block Startup Boost.
Additionally, Microsoft advertises F12 Dev Tools feedback entry point on GitHub. The latter will allow users to share their ideas, feedback, suggestions, tips, and more by opening an issue.
Back to today's build, Edge Dev 100.0.1185.7 comes with the following changes.
What's new in Microsoft Edge Dev 100.0.1185.7
- Support for Clarity Boost in Xbox Cloud Gaming is now enabled out-of-the-box.
- Edge will ask you to sign in to websites with your current Microsoft Account where you earlier signed out of.
- New policies:
- Enable/disable Edge Asset Delivery Service. It is a service that the browser uses to download various configuration files and machine learning models that power certain features.
- Enable/disable PDF Secure Mode, which controls Digital Signature validation of PDFs.
- Added an API to WebView2 to update Status Bar text. Note that this API was previously in “Experimental” status and updates to documentation and SDKs may not have occurred yet.
- Added support for non-value badges on PWA shortcuts to show when a website wants to set an alert but doesn’t want to specify any text on the badge.
Finally, here are some fixes to mention.
- Fixed a crash when using Find on Page.
- Fixed a crash when opening certain PDFs.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with IE mode tabs.
- Fixed a crash when refreshing IE mode tabs.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes can’t navigate to any websites and load endlessly.
- Fixed a crash when viewing tabs.
- Fixed a crash when using certain Shopping features.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Reduced the number of extensions that block Startup Boost.
- Fixed an issue where the browser re-opens as soon as it’s closed.
You can learn more in the official announcement.
The update will be installed automatically for existing Edge Dev users. Others can download it manually from the official website for Insiders.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!