Microsoft has started rolling out the stable version of Microsoft Edge 106. The app version is 106.0.1370.34, and it comes with improved web security and a few other changes.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 106
- Improved online protection. Web browsing is now more secure with a rewritten Microsoft Defender SmartScreen library for Microsoft Edge on Windows.
- Starting with Microsoft Edge 106, the NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy is deprecated and will be removed in Microsoft Edge 107.
- The address bar now displays four items related to work accounts. The feature requires the AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled policy to be enabled .
- EfficiencyModeEnabled - Manages efficiency mode.
- EfficiencyModeOnPowerEnabled - Enables efficiency mode when the device is connected to a power source.
- InternetExplorerIntegrationAlwaysUseOSCapture - Always use the OS capture engine to avoid issues with capturing Internet Explorer mode tabs.
- NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled - Enables the new SmartScreen library.
- ShadowStackCrashRollbackBehavior - Configures the rollback behavior when a ShadowStack crashes.
- OutlookHubMenuEnabled - Allows users to access the Outlook menu.
- EdgeDiscoverEnabled - Enables the "Discover" feature in Microsoft Edge.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!