A new update package is released for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. June 2016 update rollup comes with a huge number of fixes including some notable performance and reliability patches.
For Home Users:
- KB3163232 Application crashes when you open an earlier version of an Office file in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163974 "Sign in to your Microsoft account" wizard page has only one text box in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
For IT Professionals:
- KB3142535 Hard I/O failure with MPIO storage targets connected to Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3153887 Fine tuning failover cluster network thresholds in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163306 AD FS 3.0 can't connect to native LDAP attribute stores over SSL in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163192 NFS role takes a long time or fails to come online on a Windows Server 2012 R2 cluster
- KB3164088 Memory leak occurs when system calls a certain function to store and look for GUID records in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3164345 Stop error occurs when you recover a computer from sleep or restart it in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- KB3135021 File server becomes unresponsive when data deduplication is running in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3159393 Memory Leak in IIS ADSI provider in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3159985 Crash dump file isn't generated in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3162159 Kerberos authentication policy causes requests to fail with a status of KDC_ERR_POLICY in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3162871 RD Gateway Manager console crashes with the latest .NET Framework 4.6.1 update on Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163023 Windows Update Client for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: June 2016
- KB3161579 "Access Denied" error when you run mpclaim.exe command to retrieve MPIO configuration reports in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3154769 "Error Cannot Process TPM Attestation" when you try to configure Key Attestation in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3163191 Group policies aren't applied during startup and logon in Windows
- KB3154437 Update to remove VPNIKE hardcoded dependency in Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB3153727 Windows Installer with certain actions can't be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161639 Update to add new cipher suites to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge in Windows
- KB3158626 "0xD1" Stop error when a virtual machine crashes on a Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host
- KB3154228 32-bit icons can't be loaded in OleLoadPictureEx in Windows
June 2016 update rollup is released under KB3161606. To install it, you can use Windows Update.
Alternatively, here are direct download links for KB3161606.
KB3161606 June 2016 update rollup for Windows 8.1 direct download links
- June 2016 update rollup for Windows 8.1 32-bit
- June 2016 update rollup for Windows 8.1 64-bit
- June 2016 update rollup for Windows Server 2012 R2
Note: while this update is also available for Windows RT 8.1, Microsoft doesn't provide the download link of the package for this OS on ARM architecture. Windows RT 8.1 users have to use Windows Update only to get this package installed.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!