Microsoft includes a number of pre-installed Universal (Metro) apps in Windows 10. One such app is Xbox. It allows you to track your Xbox social activity and achievements, record game clips, and stream games from Xbox One to PC. The app connects to the Xbox Live community where you can chat with friends, share captured screenshots and gaming videos and play multiplayer games common to the PC and Xbox One. If these things are not for you and you have no use for the Xbox app, here is how you can delete it completely.
In our recent articles, we showed you a way to remove built-in apps using PowerShell. You might want to read them.
- How to uninstall and remove Insider Hub in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove the Edge browser in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Contact Support in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Feedback in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Cortana in Windows 10
- Remove all apps bundled with Windows 10 but keep Windows Store
In this article, we will see how to get rid of the Xbox app in Windows 10.
To uninstall and remove Xbox in Windows 10, here is what you should do:
- Type powershell into the Start menu or Taskbar search box, right click it and choose "Run as administrator".
- PowerShell will be opened as administrator. See All ways to open PowerShell in Windows 10 for details.
- Type or copy-paste the following command:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: