In the previous post I collected and posted here a bunch of direct links to MUI language packs for Windows 10. It is useful for users who need to install them on multiple PCs. They will save their Internet bandwidth and time by not downloading them again on each PC. Instead, they can save the offline package and use it for future installs. In this article, we shall see how to install these downloaded language packs.
First, make sure that you have the correct language pack matching your OS (32-bit or 64-bit). Installing the CAB MUI language packs requires few steps.
Follow these simple instructions to install the CAB files:
- Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to bring up the Run dialog.
Tip: see the ultimate list of all Windows keyboard shortcuts with Win keys.
- Type the following in the Run box:
- The "Install or Uninstall display languages" wizard will appear on the screen.
Click the Install display languages button.
- In the next page of the wizard, click Browse and pick the *.cab file of the MUI language you downloaded.
- Click the Next button:
Wait till it is installed. This can take a considerable amount of time and disk space.
A System Restore point will also be created first.
- To switch to the installed language pack for your user account, you have to open the following Control panel applet:
Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region\Language
- Click here "Add a language and add the language you installed:
- Click the Options link on the right side of the just installed language.
There, you will find the ability to activate it as the main display language.
Log out and log in again for the language to change.
That's it. Now you know how to deal with downloaded *.cab files for MUI language packages.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: