If you are a Windows 7 user, after recent updates from Microsoft, you might have faced the following issues with the OS:
- When Windows 7 starts, you see a dialog with "error 0x0000005" instead of the Desktop loading.
- Many executable programs just do not run.
- When you try to use System Restore to roll back the system, it does not help.
The problem is usually caused by one particular recent update: KB2859537. If you still have the above mentioned issues, try to uninstall this update by following these simple instructions:
- Open the Control Panel and go to 'Programs and Features'.
- In the left pane, click "View installed updates".
- Find the KB2859537 update and remove it.
- Reboot your PC.
In case you cannot open Control Panel, you may use the following command to uninstall KB285953 (run it in an elevated command prompt):
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2859537
Then reboot your PC.
Problem details: This issue often occurs in non-genuine/cracked version of Windows due to the replacement of system kernel files by the "activator" software. Avoid using activators and non-genuine Windows.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!