Windows 10 is the first version of Windows which includes the virtual desktops feature natively, so there's no need to use any third party app for basic virtual desktops functionality. In Windows 10, this feature is called "Task View". The user can manage windows and apps between virtual desktops using a special button on the taskbar. However, the keyboard is another more effective and productive alternative to the mouse. You can save a lot of time by managing virtual desktops with hotkeys. Here is a list of hotkeys which can be used with Task View in Windows 10.
- Win + Tab - open Task View.
- ← and → - navigate between window thumbnails in the opened Task View.
- Shift + F10 - open the active window thumbnail's context menu. From there you can move it to another virtual desktop or close it. This keyboard shortcut works in the opened Task View.
- Win + Ctrl + → and Win + Ctrl + ← - switch between virtual desktops you created.
- Win + Ctrl + F4 - close current virtual desktop.
- Win + Ctrl + D - create a new virtual desktop.
That's it. Using these hotkeys, you can manage your virtual desktops in Windows 10 more productively.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: