Recently, Microsoft announced a new AI-powered "Copilot" feature for Microsoft 365's Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams apps. It can assists the user with content creation, including text writing, spell checking, spreadsheet analysis , creating presentations and so on. Microsoft said that the Copilot feature is already in use in 20 organizations.
Copilot is a new feature in Microsoft Office powered by artificial intelligence. It is designed to help users generate content more efficiently and accurately by providing suggestions and auto-completion for different types of content, including text, tables, and presentations. Copilot can help users with tasks such as writing, spell-checking, analyzing tables, and creating presentations.
The purpose of Copilot is to make the process of content creation faster, easier, and more streamlined for users.
A well-known insider XenoPanther have found an early implementation of Copilot in Word Preview 16.0.16325.2000, that is available in the DogFood channel. It is disabled by default, but you can enable it by editing the registry.
It's important to note that Copilot is still in development, and you should not expect much from it.
Anyway, if you have access to the Insider Preview build of Microsoft Word 16.0.16325.2000, you can enable Copilot by following these steps.
Enable Copilot in Microsoft Word Insider Build 16325.20000
- Press Win + R on the keyboard, type regedit in the Run dialog and press Enter to open the Registry editor.
- In the Registry editor, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\ExperimentConfigs\ExternalFeatureOverrides\word key.
- Right-click the word subkey on the left, select New > String Value and name the new value as Microsoft.Office.Word.CoPilotExperiment.
- Double-click the Microsoft.Office.Word.CoPilotExperiment and type true in the value data editing dialog.
- Click OK to save the change, close the Registry editor app, and launch Microsoft Word.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
3 thoughts on “Here’s how to enable Copilot in Microsoft Word 16.0.16325.2000”
how to enable copilot in Microsoft excel insider build 16327.20038 using registry editor
Does not work unless you are in dogfood channel
Doesn’t work for me even being in dogfood channel :(