Our colleagues spent some time researching Feedback Hub for Windows 11 and analyzing the most popular posts to understand what features or improvements Windows 11 users need the most. Besides the collected top 10 most upvoted pieces of feedback, there are also most popular user requests, as officially revealed by Microsoft.
Windows 11 features most requested by users
- Allow users to move the taskbar to the top and sides of the screen (more than 25,000 upvotes).
- Bring back the right-click context menu on the taskbar with the option to launch Task Manager (more than 16,000 upvotes).
- Add groups or folders to the Start menu (more than 11,000 upvotes).
- Add drag and drop support to the taskbar (more than 10,000 upvotes).
- Bring back the ability to combine app icons and show labels on the taskbar (more than 10,000 upvotes).
- Bring back small icons on the taskbar (more than 8,000 upvotes).
- Bring back date and time on the taskbar on secondary monitors (more than 8,000 upvotes).
- Remove TPM from the list of Windows 11 hardware requirements (more than 7,000 upvotes).
- Allow users to remove the “Recommended” section on the Start menu (more than 7,000 upvotes).
- Allow users to disable news in Windows Widgets (more than 7,000 upvotes).
Microsoft representatives addressed some of those posts. For example, the company has already brought back date and time on the taskbar on secondary monitors in Windows 11 builds 22509. Also, Windows insiders can set the Start menu to display more pins and less recommendations.
Unfortunately, the rest of the most popular feature requests remain partially or completely ignored. Often times, Microsoft merely says “we will continue evolving Windows 11 and its features based on feedback like this” and “thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.”
Thanks to Neowin
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!