In Windows 7, there is a compact language indicator, which is located near the system tray (notification area) and comes with an optional language bar. Unlike Windows 7, Windows 10 comes with a different indicator for languages. It occupies more space on the taskbar and is designed for touch screens. Here is how to get the old language indicator and language bar in Windows 10.
To get the old language indicator and language bar in Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- Open the Settings app using any of these methods.
- Go to Time and Language -> Region and Language:
- Click on "Additional date, time, & regional settings". The following window will appear:
- Click the link Language. The Language window will be opened. Click the link "Advanced settings" on the left:
- In Advanced settings, tick the checkbox: "Use the desktop language bar when it's available":
- Click the "Change language bar hot keys" link. Open the "Language bar" tab and enable the "Docked in the taskbar" option:
- Click OK and you are done.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!