Microsoft Edge 110 has landed in the stable branch. Besides several fixes and improvements for customers, it adds "Drop" - an easy way to share your files between your devices. It is a special area that manages the file transfers integrated into the sidebar.
If you don't see Drop in your Edge, open Settings > Appearance, and enable its toolbar button as shown below. Note it is a gradual roll-out, so Drop may not be available to you instantly after upgrading to Edge 110.
The Drop button will appear in the toolbar. By clicking it, you will open a side panel that allows composing notes and sending files. They will be shared across your devices on which you use Edge with the same Microsoft Account.
So, to make it work, you need to sign in to Edge with a Microsoft Account. Also, Drop uses OneDrive's cloud storage to transfer the data.
The latest version of the browser is available on the official website. Existing users will get it automatically. Here's the full change log.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 110
- New Immersive Reader policies. Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge simplifies web page layouts, removes clutter, and helps you customize your reading experience. Using these new policies (ImmersiveReaderGrammarToolsEnabled and ImmersiveReaderPictureDictionaryEnabled), administrators can control the availability of Grammar Tools and Picture Dictionary features within Immersive Reader.
- Enabling sync for Azure Active Directory signed in customers. Microsoft Edge sync roams data across all signed in instances of Microsoft Edge. This data includes favorites, passwords, browsing history, open tabs, settings, apps, collections, and extensions. For Azure Active Directory users who have sync turned off, after the browser is launched they'll see a notification prompt and have sync turned on for all signed in instances of Microsoft Edge. This sync enablement includes other devices where they're signed in. Additionally, if a user’s other devices don’t have history and open tabs sync on, those two toggles will be turned on. Organizations using the SyncDisabled policy won't be affected by this change.
- Drop. Microsoft Edge now offers a simple way to send files and notes across all your signed in mobile and desktop devices. Using the desktop version of Microsoft Edge, Drop can be managed through the sidebar (edge://settings/sidebar). Administrators can control the availability of Drop using the EdgeEDropEnabled policy.
- AutofillMembershipsEnabled - Save and fill memberships
- ImmersiveReaderGrammarToolsEnabled - Enable Grammar Tools feature within Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge
- ImmersiveReaderPictureDictionaryEnabled - Enable Picture Dictionary feature within Immersive Reader in Microsoft Edge
- PrintPreviewStickySettings - Configure the sticky print preview settings
- SearchInSidebarEnabled - Search in Sidebar enabled
- WorkspacesNavigationSettings - Configure navigation settings per groups of URLs in Microsoft Edge Workspaces
- DisplayCapturePermissionsPolicyEnabled - Specifies whether the display-capture permissions-policy is checked or skipped
- ExemptDomainFileTypePairsFromFileTypeDownloadWarnings - Disable download file type extension-based warnings for specified file types on domains
- ShadowStackCrashRollbackBehavior Configure ShadowStack crash rollback behavior
The official announcement is linked here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!