The ability to create a zip file without using third party tools appeared in Windows a long time ago. The first Windows version which had native ZIP archive support was Windows Me. All modern Windows versions support this archive format. As you may already know, to put a file or folder inside a zip archive in Windows 10, all you need to do is right click it and select Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder from the context menu. However, this item might be missing from the right click menu. In this article, we will see how to restore this item if it is missing.
Fix Send to Compressed (zipped) folder is missing in Windows 10 context menu
There is a copy of this shortcut in the default user profile in Windows 10. You can just copy it from the default user profile back to your personal profile and you are done. Here is how.
To restore Compressed (zipped) folder in Windows 10, do the following.
- Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- Put the following text in the Run box:
- Press Enter. The appropriate folder will open in File Explorer:
- Right click the Compressed (zipped) folder item and select "Copy" from the context menu:
- Now, type or copy-paste the following text in File Explorer's address bar:
- The appropriate folder will be opened in File Explorer:
Paste the shortcut you copied there:
In File Explorer, you can just select the files and folders you want to ZIP, go to the Share tab of the Ribbon and press the Zip button.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: