Windows 10 comes with a built-in Firewall app. It provides basic security from hackers or malicious software which tries to access your PC using your network connection. When an app tries to accept incoming connections, Windows Firewall shows a notification where you can deny or allow the application's network access. Here is how to disable these notifications.
To disable firewall notifications in Windows 10, do the following. If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update, follow the instructions below.
- Open Windows Defender Security Center as described in the article: Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10 Creators Update.Alternatively, you can create a special shortcut to open it.
- In the user interface of Windows Defender Security Center, click the icon Firewall & network protection.
- The following page will be opened. Click on the link Firewall notification settings link.
- On the next page, disable the option Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new app. When disabled, Windows Firewall won't show you notifications and block all new apps which try to access the Internet silently.To disable notifications for a specific network type, uncheck one or all the options available below the main switch, for example Private (discoverable) firewall and/or Public (non-discoverable) firewall.
- A UAC confirmation prompt will appear. Click Yes to confirm the operation.
Windows Defender Security Center is a new feature of Windows 10 Creators Update. If you are running a previous release of Windows 10 (for example, if you have postponed Windows 10 Creators Update for a while), then you need to do the following to disable firewall notifications.
- Open Control panel.
- Go to the following path:
Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall
- Click the link Change notification settings in the left pane.
- There, untick the checkbox Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new app for every desired network type.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!