Firefox 87 is available for download. The release focuses on privacy and usability improvements. Here are the key changes.
What's new in Mozilla Firefox 87
- SmartBlock, a feature to improve website compatibility for the private browsing or strict enhanced tracking protection.
- The default HTTP Referrer policy will cut the path and query arguments from referrer string, so that only the domain name will remain for cross-origin requests.
- Support for macOS built-in screen reader, VoiceOver.
- The “Highlight All” feature on Find in Page now displays tick marks alongside your scrollbar that correspond to the location of matches found on that page.
- The Backspace key as a navigation shortcut for the back navigation button is now disabled, but you can easily re-enable it.
- Synced tabs, Recent highlights, and Pocket list are removed from the Library menu.
- The Help menu lost some of items, such as those that point to Firefox support pages that can also be accessed via the Get Help item. It doesn't include the keyboard shortcut cheat sheet, Firefox Tour, and Import from another browser.
- For a small percent of users the Fission/Site isolation is enabled by default.
- Security fixes
- Accessibility fixes.
You can download Firefox 87 from its official web site.
Alternatively, visit the following link:
You will see a number of folders. Click on one of the following folders:
- win32 - Firefox 32-bit for Windows
- win64 - Firefox 64-bit for Windows
- linux-i686 - Firefox for 32-bit Linux
- linux-x86_64 - Firefox for 64-bit Linux
- mac - Firefox for macOS
Each folder has subfolders organized by the browser's language. Click on the desired language and download the installer.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: