Mozilla just made Firefox 82 available for download, along with the ESR version 78.4.0. The release is notable for WebRender improvements, a refined look of the picture-in-picture controls, and a number changes made for Mac. Here's what's new in the latest browser version.
The official change log is yet to come, here are the changes compiled by deskmodder.
What's new in Firefox 82
- Video playback improvements by enabling hardware decoding via DirectComposition. This also saves battery by reducing CPU and GPU usage.
- WebRender is now enabled on laptops with NVidia graphic cards with older drivers on WIndows.
- Mac users can use the keyboard shortcut to undo the Close window operation. even if the last window was closed.
- Mac: The exit button in the picture-in-picture function has now been fixed. A hotkey for the PiP function has also been added.
- The picture-in-picture button has a new look and position to make it easier to find and use
- Print issues have been resolved
- Issues with syncing user preferences and top visited pages have been fixed.
- PDF viewer has got a new look and minor bugfixes
- About:processes now have Websites and Icons sections.
- Firefox now displays a notification when a download has been deemed unsafe and has been blocked.
- In the "Send" menu, which is available via the toolbar button of the Firefox account, there is now an new entry for managing devices united with Firefox Sync.
To get the browser, visit the following link:
You will see a number of folders. Click on one of the following folders:
- win32 - Firefox 32-bit for Windows
- win64 - Firefox 64-bit for Windows
- linux-i686 - Firefox for 32-bit Linux
- linux-x86_64 - Firefox for 64-bit Linux
- mac - Firefox for macOS
Each folder has subfolders organized by the browser's language. Click on the desired language and download the installer.
Once the official change log will become available, I will add more changes to this post (if any).