Firefox 111 stable is out with several improvements. It is a minor release so it doesn’t bring with it drastic changes. On Desktop, you will find input mask support for temporary email addresses in Firefox Relay. On Android, Firefox 111 includes a built-in PDF viewer. There are also plenty of changes for developers. Besides, it includes fixes for 20 vulnerabilities, with 14 of them having high impact.
What’s new in Firefox 111
- The built-in account manager now supports input masks for the Firefox Relay service. Using them, you can now create temporary email addresses for website registration and subscriptions. Your real email won’t be disclosed. This only works with a Firefox Account.
- Firefox 111 comes with the OPFS (Origin-Private FileSystem) API enabled. It is an extension to the File System Access API for associating local files with current website’s storage. It creates a virtual FS, sort of, that allows web applications to read, modify and save files and directories on the users’ device.
Firefox on Android
- The app now comes with a built-in PDF viewer. It allows you to directly open PDFs in Firefox without opening an external app.
- The strict content blocking mode now invokes Total Cookie Protection that creates an individual Cookie storage for each of the websites you browse.
- On Pixel devices running Android 12/13 Firefox can now send recently visited links from the Recents screen.
- The open in app pop-up has been updated, with CVE-2023-25749 fixed. The fixed vulnerability could be used to launch an app without user’s approval.
In addition to bug fixes and improvements, Firefox 111 is notable for 20 fixed vulnerabilities. 14 vulnerabilities are marked as ‘high impact’, of which 9 vulnerabilities (collected under CVE-2023-28176 and CVE-2023-28177) are caused by work with memory, such as buffer overflows and access to already freed memory areas. These issues can potentially lead to malicious code being executed when specially designed pages are opened.
Download Firefox 111
You can download Firefox from the official website. Alternatively, you can navigate to the https://releases.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/111.0/ link and pick the browser that matches your operating system, language and platform. Files in there are organized into subfolders by a platform, UI language, and include full (offline) installers.
In addition to version 111, the long-term support branch update has got the Firefox 102.9.0. The Firefox 112, which is scheduled for release on April 11, will soon be appear in the Beta channel.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!