Mozilla has released Firefox 102, which serves as base for the ESR version. So, the stable branch, as well as ESR are now on Firefox 102, with Firefox 103 entering Beta. The update is notable with a few UI enhancements, along with privacy and stability improvements, and 22 security fixes.
What's new in Firefox 102
- You can now disable the download progress pop-up. Right-click the download button in the toolbar and uncheck it.
- Firefox 102 includes protection against page navigation tracking via the URL parameters. The browser'll remove parameters used for tracking (such as utm_source) from the URL when Enhanced Tracking Protection -> Strict is enabled. The same will be done when the site is opened in private browsing mode. Finally, URL params will be removed if the
privacy.query_stripping.enabledsetting is set to
- Audio decoding now has its own isolated process.
- Picture-in-Picture now works for HBO Max, Funimation, Dailymotion, Tubi, Disney+ Hotstar and SonyLIV.
- On Linux, Firefox can use Geoclue to determine users' location. It connects via DBus.
- The PDF viewer has got improvements for high-contrast mode.
- Autofill on Android will additionally confirm saving the data for your credit cards.
Firefox 102 fixes 22 vulnerabilities, including 5 critical.
You can download Firefox 102 from the official website.
Alternatively, Mozilla offers the full offline installer on their online file archive. Click on the desired platform and language to see the available downloads.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: