Today, there are a number of tools to convert ESD files to ISO commonly available. The main purpose of these apps is to provide a simple way to get genuine ISO files from an ESD, whether it is of a Windows build or some other Microsoft app. By converting the ESD to ISO, you can quickly install Windows 10 from scratch. Here is a new tool for this task, called ESD to ISO. It simplifies this operation to one mouse click!
An ESD file is a special format which Microsoft uses to deliver huge build upgrade packages for Windows 10 Insider Preview and for the stable branch of Windows 10. In case of the Fast Ring, Microsoft never release the official ISO images, so users who need to install it from scratch need to download ESD files themselves and convert it to ISO.
ESD to ISO is a little tool to simplify this process like never before. Let's see how to use it.
- First, navigate to the official app's page:
- Download and run the installer. It will show the following window: There, the application indicates that it was integrated into the Explorer context menu. After that, you can close this window.
- Now, navigate to the folder which contains your ESD files. For example, it can be the ESD file for the just-released Windows 10 build 14372.
- Right click the ESD file. You will find a new context menu item Convert to ISO:Click it.
- The application will show the progress of the conversion using a polished and stylish user interface. All you need to do is wait till it is finished.
The application supports all ESD builds of Windows 10. As you may already know, Microsoft releases encrypted ESD files. According to the developer of this amazing app, the application will be able to convert ESD files of the upcoming builds of Windows 10 too without requiring a new encryption key.
The application is created by @tfwboredom. As of this writing, Windows Defender flags the application as a trojan - this is a false positive.
Surely, ESD to ISO is an excellent piece of software which can save a lot of time and cumbersome steps for users who need to install a new Fast Ring build of Windows 10 from scratch.
What do you think about this app? Share you impressions in comments.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
4 thoughts on “ESD to ISO – yet another handy tool to convert ESD files”
Thanks to tfwboredom. He has done a great job.
Does it take longer than enough to build labels when processing? Mine is taking longer than enough
I still prefer a batch file.
Last time I have tried this app, it was fast.
Hello, getting access denied while trying to download ESD to ISO software from http://amd64fre.com/get/etic/
can I have another working link please ? thank you.