As of this writing, Google Chrome is the most popular web browser. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and Android. Starting in version 68 and above, the browser includes a fancy emoji picker which allows inserting emojis in any text field on a page. Let's see how to activate and use it.
Google Chrome comes with a number of useful options which are experimental. They are not supposed to be used by regular users but enthusiasts and testers can easily turn them on. These experimental features can significantly improve the user experience of the Chrome browser by enabling additional functionality.
The Emoji option we are going to enable is also hidden behind the special flag. This experimental feature is available starting in Google Chrome 68 stable version. Let's turn it on.
To enable Emoji Picker in Google Chrome, do the following.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and type the following text in the address bar:
This will open the flags page directly with the relevant setting.
- The option is disabled out of the box in my browser. Select the option Enabled from the drop-down list next to the feature description.
- Restart Google Chrome by closing it manually or you can also use the Relaunch button which will appear at the very bottom of the page.
The feature is now enabled. Now, place the cursor in any text field on the opened web page, e.g. click on the Comment text area below this article, and perform a right click. You will see a new Emoji context menu entry. Clicking on it will open the new Emoji picker. See the following screenshot.
You can quickly find the require emoji by typing its key word like 'thumb' for thumbs up, and adjust its color/skin. The buttons at the button can be used to switch between emoji categories.
Thanks to my friend Nick for heads up.
Articles of interest:
- Enable Picture-in-Picture mode in Google Chrome
- Disable Not Secure Badge for HTTP Web Sites in Google Chrome
- How To Change User Agent in Google Chrome
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!