Microsoft has released a new Chromium-based build of Microsoft Edge 93.0.961.2 to the Dev Channel. It traditionally brings with it several new features as well as various fixes and improvements. This is the last build of version 93 on the Dev channel, so it will become available in the Beta channel soon.
Here are the key changes in today's release.
What's new in Edge Dev 93.0.961.2
- Added an allow list to media autoplay settings.
- Added the ability to un-ignore password health alerts for a particular website.
- Combined the Settings pages for Start, Home, and New Tab pages.
- Enabled the new Share experience by default.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Widget crashes when switching browser profiles.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain pages.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the browser crashes after being open for a while.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where PDFs sometimes don’t display at the correct size. Thanks for being persistent in reporting this and making sure we knew about it!
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes open to blank windows.
- Fixed an issue where printing specific pages of a PDF sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where an error message that “Update policies are configured but will be ignored because this device isn’t domain joined.” unexpectedly appears when updating the browser.
- Fixed an issue where extension icons sometimes aren’t visible.
- Reduced the number of irrelevant entries saved in autofill.
- Temporarily disabled the ability to change fonts in Immersive Reader on Linux.
There is also a list of known issues that always comes with each and every Dev build of Edge. You'll find it in the official announcement.
You can download the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website. If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically in a few hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to make it check for updates and get the most recent build.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: