Microsoft today released Edge Dev 89.0.774.4. It is the last Dev build based on Chromium 89, so the next week should see a Beta build of the browser. It includes two new features and the usual set of general fixes and improvements.
The new features in this release include a context menu option for a Collection that allows adding the open page to the Collection you right-click on.
There are also improvements made to Read Aloud in the built-in PDF Reader.
Besides these, there are fixes that include resolved crashes when in IE Mode, crashes on Mac, and a number of other crashes.
- Fixed a crash when closing Edge.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when closing the notification that Edge is updating.
- Fixed a crash when navigating back and forth in an IE mode tab.
- Fixed a crash for vertical tabs users when closing the browser.
- Fixed a crash when right-clicking.
- Fixed a crash when autofilling payment information into a webpage.
- Fixed an issue where unsaved annotations on a PDF aren’t recovered when Edge’s session is restored after a crash or unexpected close.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where form autofill sometimes fills in fields it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where Immersive Reader sometimes doesn’t read all the content that it should.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling the vertical tabs pane using a touchscreen sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where certain settings look like they can be edited while they’re turned off, but the edits aren’t remembered.
- Fixed an issue where downloading a file in a website installed as an app gives no indication that the download has started or finished.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites, when installed as apps, show their window color and certain UI in the website’s custom color when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the Shopping icon advertises that it has coupons available, but when the flyout is opened, it says there are none.
However, there are regressions in this version. For example, if you copy a YouTube URL, the browser will crash. This also affects today's Canary build. Another issue with YouTube is that ad blocker extensions may cause playback errors.
You will find the full change log here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!