A new version of Edge, 103.0.1255.0, is available to Insiders running the browser in the Dev channel. The release doesn't include much for consumers, but some of the changes are important for sysadmins. There are also fixes and improvements traditional for weekly pre-release updates.
What's new in Edge Dev 103.0.1255.0
- Added features to Support launch some universal links which weren't supported before.
- Added support features for Presentations and Spreadsheets searches.
- Added Feature to a group policy for guided switch. This is a mandatory group policy. Once configured, it does not allow user to override this setting on Browser by changing the value of `Automatic Profile Switching’. If the policy is not configured to change the value on settings page.
- Added feature to trigger for full address fill logic.
- Added a management policy to control if Guided Switch is Enabled, which controls the prompt to switch to another profile when a website won’t work for the current one.
- Added a .NET API to WebView2 to support multiple profiles.
- Improved Reliability of Camera Capture.
- Improved Behavior so that Once design suggestions appear on the webpage, the entry button/flyout should not disappear if user stays on the page.
- Improved Reliability by re-enabling and reverting to navigating to the downloads page instead of going to settings.
- Improved reliability by skipping Mobile variation header hack for requests whose transition type is not new navigation as it doesn’t work for them.
- Improved reliability for check validity or registry.
- Improved reliability of Personal Database Manger.
- Improved behavior on image super resolution feature.
- Changed Behavior so that Visual Search side pane is closed while opening collections.
- Changed Behavior by re-enabling and reverting to navigating to the downloads page instead of going to settings.
- Changed behavior of how overflow issues are handled in various text fields in one tap dialog.
- Changed behavior on settings button in reading mode page being misplaced.
- Enabled by default vertical tabs in full screen mode.
- Chanced Efficiency Mode to be enabled whenever a game application is detected to be running.
The complete list of changes and known issues is in the official blog post.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically as soon as possible. If you want to speed up the process, then open the browser, go to "Settings" to the "About Microsoft Edge" section. Then the browser will immediately install the update.
You can also download Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!