Microsoft today released the Edge browser 100.0.1163.1 to Insiders on the Dev channel. The update includes 5 new features, such as the ability to search through open tabs, the Discover tab, and more.
The browser includes improvements for both Desktop and Mobile platforms. Here are the key changes.
What's new in Edge Dev 100.0.1163.1
- Enabled by default the ability to search through open tabs.
- Enabled by default Image Auto Captioning in Accessibility Settings.
- Enabled by default the availability of the Discover pane. Note that certain entry points into the Discover pane are not yet enabled.
- Mobile: Enabled by default Scrolling Screenshot functionality on Android.
- Developer: Added an API to WebView2 to listen for PermissionRequested events from any iframe in a page. Note that updates to documentation and SDKs may not have occurred yet.
- Fixed a crash when using text prediction.
- Fixed a crash when showing Spellcheck correction popups.
- Fixed a crash when logging into certain websites.
- Fixed a crash after using the Edge Bar.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed an issue where tabs sometimes crash on versions of Windows prior to 10.
- Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a crash on Android 12.
- Fixed a crash when navigating to certain websites.
- Fixed a crash when viewing Cookie information.
- Fixed a crash in WebView2 applications.
- Fixed a crash with WebView2 applications when certain programs are installed on the device.
You will find more about this release in the official announcement.
To get the latest Edge Dev, you have two options. If you already have it installed, simply open its menu (Alt + F) and head over Settings > Help > About Microsoft Edge. This will make it download the latest version.
Otherwise, you can download the app manually from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!