With yesterday's release of Windows 10 build 21390, Microsoft introduced a couple of new Fluent icons in the OS. The Task Manager app, and MSI files have got modern icons. Interested users can download them now to apply to the existing (non-Insider) installations.
Earlier in build 21343, the company has added many fresh icons to File Explorer. Now, instead of simple yellow folders, we have plenty of rich, colorful variants, a brand-new Recycle Bin icon, and many more. Now Task Manager joins this party.
If you want to get your hands on the newest Task Manager and MSI icons for File Explorer, there is no need to download Windows 10 preview builds. Enthusiasts have already extracted them, and you can download them to your device.
Download Task Manager and MSI icons
- To download Task Manager and MSI icons from Windows 10 build 21390, visit this page.
- Although unnecessary, you may need to unblock the files to prevent the "Windows Protected Your PC" message.
- Put both files under a folder of your choice.
- Right-click the Task Manager shortcut and click on the Change icon button in its properties dialog.
- Click Apply and OK, and you have applied the icon to the shortcut.
You are done.
Keep in mind that this will only change the icon for the shortcut. This won't change the icon for the app!
Image and credits: msftnext.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!