Yesterday, Microsoft rolled out a new version of .NET framework. If you are interested in getting its full offline installer, you will find links in this article. Having the offline installer is useful to install it on multiple PCs or without having to connect your device to the internet.
.NET framework 4.6.1 is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
Note that Visual Studio 2008 and Windows Vista are not officially supported.
Here is a summary of key improvements available in .NET Framework 4.6.1:
- WPF improvements for spell check, support for per-user custom dictionaries and improved touch performance
- Enhanced support for Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) X509 certificates
- Added support in SQL Connectivity for AlwaysOn, Always Encrypted and improved connection open resiliency when connecting to Azure SQL Database
- Azure SQL Database now supports distributed transactions using the updated System.Transactions APIs
- Many other performance, stability, and reliability related fixes in RyuJIT, GC, WPF and WCF.
.NET framework 4.6.1 offline installer
To get the .NET framework 4.6.1 offline installer, use the following link:
There are other related updates available from Microsoft. You can check out the following stuff:
The developer pack provides support of .NET Framework 4.6.1 in Visual Studio 2012, so developers can target their apps for the newest version. For Visual Studio 2015, support for this version of .NET Framework is included in Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: