In Windows 10, all kinds of notifications were replaced with Windows 8-like toasts which appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Regardless of the event for which the notification is being shown e.g. AutoPlay, driver installation or a new notification from a Store app - you will see the toast notifications. They appear above the taskbar. It is possible to disable these notifications for certain apps in Windows 10. Here is how.
While you can disable notifications for all apps at once, it can be useful to disable them for certain apps instead. For example, you may want to keep notifications about new mail enabled, but disable notifications for the Facebook app in order to focus on your work tasks. Note that if you do this, you will need to open the app which has notifications disabled to see changes in its content.
To disable notifications for an app in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open the Settings app. To save your time, press Win + I. This is a global hotkey to open the Settings app.
- Open System - Notifications & actions.
- On the right side, scroll down to the section Get notifications from these senders.
- Turn off the option next to the app name to disable all kinds of notifications for this app. See the following screenshot:
- Click on the desired app in the list to disable notifications for the Desktop and Action Center individually. For example, let's configure OneDrive.
- Disable the option Show notification banners. This will disable Desktop notifications but keep notifications in the Action Center.
- You can also disable the option Show notifications in action center to get rid of notifications from this app in the Action center.
You are done. You won't see notifications for the OneDrive app anymore. Repeat the steps above for those apps for which you would like to disable notifications. To restore notifications later, turn on the options you have disabled in Settings.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!