Many people including myself still love the desktop gadgets that were introduced in Windows Vista. They were removed completely in Windows 8 which made many people unhappy. Microsoft wants to push live tiles as their replacement and therefore they claim Gadgets as insecure, just like they push Store apps over Desktop apps. If you cannot imagine the Desktop without your favorite gadgets, here is how to get them back again in Windows 10. Just follow this short tutorial.
- Visit GadgetsRevived and get the installer from the following page: Download the Sidebar.
- Follow the setup wizard, it will take you through a few simple steps.
- Close the setup wizard, and right click the desktop. The Gadgets item will be there.
- Add your favorite gadgets or download more from the GadgetsRevived desktop gadget gallery.
- Due to changes made to Desktop Window Manager and Aero in Windows 10, the main Gadgets window looks a bit weird:
Half the portion of the 'Add gadgets' window is dimmed, however, everything else works properly.
- For users with custom DPI settings, some gadgets may look broken. Here is a workaround: Gadgets displaying broken in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 with IE11. It is applicable to Windows 10 as well.
That's it. Maybe Microsoft will realize that removing Gadgets was not good idea, similar to the removal of the Start Menu and officially reinstates them.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: