Today is Patch Tuesday, so the Redmond firm issues updates for all supported releases of Windows 10. Besides stable versions, Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview channels are getting a new patch, 21H1 Build 19043.1052 (KB5003637). Here are the updates and their changes.
Windows 10 Updates released on June 8, 2021
The following updates were released in today's Patch Tuesday
21H1 Build 19043.1052 (KB5003637) - Beta & Release Preview rings
The patch comes with the following changes.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Authentication, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows HTML Platform and Windows Storage and Filesystems.
Updates of stable Windows versions
The following patches are now available in the stable branch of Windows 10.
- May 2021 Update, version 21H1 - KB5003637 (OS Build 19043.1052). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2020 Update, version 20H2 - KB5003637 (OS Build 19042.1052). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- May 2020 Update, version 2004 - KB5003637 (OS Build 19041.1052). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- November 2019 Update, version 1909 - KB5003710 (OS Build 18363.1621). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- May 2019 Update, version 1903 - KB5003710 (OS Build 18362.1621). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2018 Update, version 1809 - KB5003714 (OS Build 17763.1999). Microsoft Update Catalog.
All the above updates will be installed automatically on consumer devices. You can force the update check by visiting Settings > Update&recovery > Windows Update; there, click on the Check for updates button.
I would like to mention that Windows 10, version 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 share the same code base, and technically they have the same code and files. So that's why the patch number remains unchanged for these versions of the OS. The similar situation is for version 1903 and 1909.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!