As you may remember, Microsoft has updated Cortana and Search in Windows 10 version 1903 'May 2019 Update' and has given them individual flyouts and buttons in the taskbar. A server-side change adds a new section to the search pane. My device history and My search history are two features of Windows 10 Search that can improve your search experience by collecting extra data about your device usage, and the searches your perform. Here's how to clear your Search History in Windows 10.
Windows 10 has a search box in the taskbar, which can be used to perform a search by keyboard. Once you type something in the search box on the Windows 10 taskbar, search results show but web search results are mixed with local search results, Store apps and content from Bing.
The Search feature is dedicated to searching the web and local files and documents, installed apps.
Tip: You can disable web search results in Windows Search.
It is worth mentioning that Microsoft has added Enhanced Mode to Search Indexer to make Windows Search faster and more accurate.
My search history is a feature that allows Windows Search to improve on-device searches. When not disabled, it uses the collected search history from all devices that you are using with the current Microsoft Account.
To clear Your Search History in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Search > Permissions & History.
- On the right, go to the History section.
- Click on the link Search history settings.
- On the Bing Search History page, click on the link View and delete search history.
- Sign-in to your Microsoft Account if prompted.
- To clear individual search results, click on the Clear link under the appropriate search result.
- To remove the whole search history, click on the link Clear activity above the list of searches.
- Confirm the operation.
You are done.
- Clear Your Device History in Windows 10
- Disable Device and Search History in Windows 10
- Search with Bing from Notepad in Windows 10
- Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer
- Disable Search Indexing When On Battery in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Comes with Improved Search Indexing
- Change Search Index Location in Windows 10
- Disable Search Indexing in Windows 10
- How to Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10
- How to Add Folder to Search Index in Windows 10
- Add or Remove Excluded Folders For Search Indexer in Windows 10
- How to Save a Search in Windows 10
- Index File Contents on a Drive in Windows 10
- Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10
- Add or Remove File Types from Search in Windows 10
- How to Reset Search in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!