Google has released a new version of the Chrome browser. Google Chrome 92 is notable for having Privacy Sandbox options, Site Isolation improvements, and new actions. It is mostly a security update of the browser.
What's new in Chrome 92
- First of all, there are new Privacy Sandbox options under chrome://settings/privacy. You can use these options to opt out of FLoC.
- Back-forward cache is now enabled for desktop users. This will speed up navigation.
- Site Isolation: The browser now runs each add-on in its own process. Obviously, this adds an extra protection layer from malicious extensions.
- Another improvement is anti-fishing protection performance, which is now 50 times faster.
- Chrome blocks HTTPS/HTTP/FTP connections to the following new ports: 989 (ftps-data) and 990 (ftps). The list also includes the 69, 137, 161, 554, 1719, 1720, 1723, 5060, 5061, 6566 and 10080 ports in order to mitigate a NAT slipstreaming attack.
- Chrome will disable add-ons on the user end if an add-on was removed from Web Store for policy violations.
- Also, the new tab page now lists recently saved docs on Google Drive for users signed in with a Google account.
- Developers can change the name and icon for their PWA (Progressive Web Apps).
Additionally, there are three new quick action commands:
- safety check - verify security for saved logins and passwords.
- manage security settings - opens security settings
- manage sync - opens sync settings.
Finally, there are 35 security fixes.
Get Chrome 92
Chrome installs new versions automatically, so you don't need to do anything to receive the latest version. However, you can speed up this process by opening Menu (Alt + F) > Help > About Google Chrome.
The next release, Chrome 93, is scheduled on August, 31.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!