Microsoft has recently revamped the Xbox One Insider Program, introducing new flighting rings and making it available only to invited or select Xbox One users. There's a new build rolling out in the Alpha ring that introduces more bug fixes to the issues present in previous builds. So if you have enrolled your console into the Insider Program and you are a member of the Alpha ring, build 15023.1002 should now be available for you to try out.
While there are no new features introduced in this update, Microsoft is working hard on fixing known issues, so in this release you should see improvements in these areas:
- Cortana: Resolved an issue which caused some See-It-Say-It content to fail to display on Home, Community, OneGuide, and Store.
- Store: You should now be able to purchase in-game content for Battlefield 1 and Happy Wars. When attempting to launch a pre-ordered title from the Game Hub, the title now displays the correct "too early" error message.
- Audio: In-game and headset audio should work normally when switching between apps or resuming app from connected standby.
- Trove: Trove now launches correctly when the console is set to a locale other than en-US\USA.
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition: Fixed an issue which caused Dishonored: Definitive Edition to crash after launch with the console set to pt-BR\Brazil
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition: Fixed an issue which caused in-game text to fail to display in Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.
But of course, there are still bugs that haven't been fixed. The list of known issues for this update is also quite huge so check it out to see if there are important notes about games and scenarios in which you use your console:
- Ubisoft Club: When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- Sign-in: With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Jump: Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Jump tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming: The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings - Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings - Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- IGN: The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display
The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Meanwhile, there are also new quests available in the Insider Hub. You should definitely check them out if you still want to be considered an active preview program member and remain in the Alpha ring.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: