The team behind the service has added a new ‘Scroll for details’ option to the web player for full-screen videos. Most of us use this world's most popular video hosting website, so the change should be welcomed by many users.
With the new feature, it is not necessary to leave full-screen mode to see comments or the description of the video. The user will be able to scroll to the comments section, see its description and related videos, and return to the video image without exiting the full-screen view.
Here is how to see this feature in action.
- Open your favorite browser.
- Navigate to YouTube and start playing any video you like.
- Click on the full-screen button or press the F11 key to go to full-screen mode.
- You will see the 'Scroll for details' option at the bottom edge of the screen. Click on it or scroll down using the mouse wheel to see comments.
- Scroll up to return to the video.
Tip: As you may remember, around a year ago the team behind the YouTube service rolled out a new design for the service, which plays nice in the Chrome browser. Its performance is quite different in other browsers like Firefox and Edge. The new design utilizes a special markup which is supported in Chrome's Blink engine only, causing performance issues with other modern browsers.
See how to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge and Firefox.