The list of Magnifier Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) in Windows 10
Magnifier is an accessibility tool bundled with Windows 10. When enabled, Magnifier makes part or all of your screen bigger so you can see words and images better. It supports a set of keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) you can use to manage it in a useful way.
Every modern Windows version comes with accessibility options. They are included so people with impaired vision, hearing, speech or other challenges find it easier to work with Windows. Accessibility features improve with every release.
Magnifier is one of the classic accessibility tools that allows you to temporarily enlarge a portion of the screen in Windows 10. Formerly known as Microsoft Magnifier, it creates a bar at the top of the screen that greatly magnifies where the mouse pointer is.
Magnifier Keyboard Shortcuts
- Turn Magnifier on: Win + Plus
- Turn Magnifier off: Win + Esc
- Open Magnifier settings: Win + Ctrl + M
- Zoom in: Win + Plus
- Zoom out: Win + Minus
- Zoom with mouse: Win + Ctrl + Mouse Scroll Wheel
- Pan left: Ctrl + Alt + Left
- Pan right: Ctrl + Alt + Right
- Pan up: Ctrl + Alt + Up
- Pan down: Ctrl + Alt + Down
- Invert colors: Ctrl + Alt + I
- Cycle through views: Ctrl + Alt + M
- Full screen view mode: Ctrl + Alt + F
- Lens view mode: Ctrl + Alt + L
- Docked view mode: Ctrl + Alt + D
- Toggle lens resize: Ctrl + Alt + R
- Decrease lens width: Shift + Alt + Left
- Increase lens width: Shift + Alt + Right
- Increase lends height: Shift + Alt + Up
- Decrease lens height: Shift + Alt + Down
- Preview full screen: Ctrl + Alt + Space
Bonus: If you a device with a touch screen, here are a few tricks you can use.
Use Magnifier with a touchscreen
- To zoom in and out, tap on the plus (+) and minus (-) symbols on the corners of the screen.
- To move around the screen, drag along the borders of the screen in full screen view.
- To instantly zoom out and see where you are on the screen, tap with one finger on opposite borders of the screen simultaneously.
- To close Magnifier, tap the Close button.
Tip: In Windows 10, you different ways to start and stop Magnifier. Check out the post Start and Stop Magnifier in Windows 10.