Microsoft has officially announced the release date of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. It'll be available for download on October 17, 2017.
A new blog post in the official Windows blog comes with the following information:
The next update of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, will be available worldwide October 17. With the Fall Creators Update we are introducing some fun, new ways to get creative. As part of the update we will deliver an evolution to the photos experience that will let you tell your story like never before using photos, videos, and 3D effects; enhancements in gaming, security, accessibility, and immersive new experiences made possible by Windows Mixed Reality. All of this innovation will be brought to life by a range of beautifully designed, and feature rich modern devices available from our hardware partners this holiday.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will be the fourth major feature update to Windows 10. Microsoft also confirmed the release date at IFA today, and named two key new features: eye-tracking and Windows Mixed Reality. Unfortunately, Windows Timeline and Cloud Clipboard won't be included with Fall Creators Update.
- Windows Timeline: this will display a list of tasks you did previously, so you can resume them faster even though you had closed those apps. It looks similar to Android's task switching.
- Cloud Clipboard: a long awaited feature which will allow the user to sync the clipboard's contents across all of their devices. This is possible thanks to the new app, OneClip, which utilizes Microsoft's cloud infrastructure and requires a Microsoft account.
The Story Remix 3D feature is also postponed.
Besides eye-tracking and Mixed Reality, the following features mentioned as important:
- Windows Inking with the Find my Pen feature.
- Photos and Videos with Story Remix. Story Remix is an evolution of the Photos app that makes it easier than ever to relive your memories and introduces video story creation from your photos and videos.
- OneDrive with Files on demand.
- Updates to Game Mode and Xbox Play.
- Windows Defender with cloud intelligence that enables new defenses against ransomware and exploits.