Microsoft today released the official ISO images for Windows 10 Build 17758, which is the most recent build released to the Slow Ring. Interested users can download them and install the OS from scratch.
The company is almost done with the development of the Redstone 5 update, which is currently known as "Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809".
Tip: Here's how to tweak your PC to ensure top performance for a specific type of task, be it gaming, document work or something else.
Windows 10 Build 17758 (Original version)
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps crashing when sending Timeline activities.
- We fixed an impactful race condition in recent flights resulting in Cortana crashing when launching tips and doing web searches.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the nearby sharing section of the Share UI not being visible for some users despite being enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the contents of the Microsoft Edge window becoming offset from its window frame.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the spellchecking menu appearing in the wrong place when you right-clicked on a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders using Windows 10 in S Mode recently resulting opening Word from a Word Online document not working.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator so when toggling a checkbox with a braille display and Narrator, the displayed state is now updated and the control information is maintained on the display.
- You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We’re just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed the issue causing apps that use .NET 4.7.1 to not work correctly in previous builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue that could cause a crash when using swipe to navigate back in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Edge crashing after pressing F12 on certain webpages if certain extensions were enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the icons on Microsoft Edge error pages not being visible on localized builds.
- We fixed an underflow in the Windows Security app that could result in the UI unexpectedly showing a very large number of threats had been found.
To get official ISO images of Windows 10 build 17758, point your browser to the following page: