As you may already know, Windows 10 Build 16299.15 was recently released to Slow and Fast Ring Insiders. This build could be considered the RTM version of Fall Creators Update. For those interested in Slow Ring builds, Microsoft today released official ISO images of Windows 10 build 16296 for those who want to install this build from scratch.
For everyone on the Slow ring, Windows 10 Build 16296 will bring a number of fixes and improvements. Its change log features the following updates:
- We fixed an issue where Hyper-V couldn’t create a VM on 3rd party network storage.
- We fixed an issue where for the first few minutes after clean installing a non-English build many inbox app names might unexpectedly appear with English app names.
- We fixed an issue where gaming apps using WebView with heavy use of HTML canvas might have unexpectedly had very low FPS in recent flights.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will be unable to install *new*/additional language packs on this build. Pre-existing language packs (language packs you’ve installed previously) will carry over and work just fine.
The following prebuilt ISO images available:
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Home/Pro
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Enterprise
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Education
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Home Single Language
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Home China
To get official ISO images, point your browser to the following page: