A new post in the official Vivaldi blog reveals that a new Dev release of their browser for Android features the ability to connect custom rule lists to the built-in Ad blocker feature.
Some time ago the team behind the innovative Vivaldi browser launched a counterpart project for Android. After a few months in beta, the stable version of the new fully-featured Vivaldi for Android is available on Android 5+.
The browser features the built-in tracker and ad blocker, a customizable speed dial, notes, the ability to capture screenshots, a usefuk tab switcher with a tab row, a powerful bookmark manager, and much more. It supports sync for passwords and other saved data, and has a huge number of other customization options.
Starting in Dev snapshot 1952.3, Vivaldi Android supports custom block lists. You will find the option under “Settings → Tracker and Ad Blocking → Sources”. Users can add (remove will come in a bit later) new sources and select from already provided lists for the tracker and ad blocker options.
You can download it from the Google Play store.
Alternative Downloads for advanced users:
The change log
- [New][Blocker] Custom blocker lists VAB-1495
- [Regression] back / forward buttons change their initial position VAB-1710
- [Settings] Add Sync Profile Avatar to Settings main menu VAB-1617
- [Settings] Category titles not consistent VAB-1742
- [Tabs] Tab bar initiates in wrong position – does not scroll to the active tab VAB-1237
- [UI] Jump when opening the tab switcher VAB-1706
- Upgraded Chromium to 84.0.4147.47