The team behind the most innovative Vivaldi browser released a new snapshot of the upcoming version of the app. Vivaldi 2.3 comes with a new option to keep the last used search engine.
Vivaldi was started with the promise of giving you a highly customizable, full-featured, innovative browser. It looks like its developers kept their promise - there is no other browser on the market which offers the same amount of options and features. While Vivaldi is built on Chrome's engine, power users are the target user base, like the classic Opera 12 browser. Vivaldi was created by former Opera co-founder and developed keeping in mind Opera's usability and power.
Tip: Here's how to tweak your PC to ensure top performance for a specific type of task, be it gaming, document work or something else.
Keep Last Selected Search Engine
Starting in build 2.3.1420.4, Vivaldi can remember the search engine you used last time. You can enable this feature by opening Settings > Search and turning on the option Keep Last Selected Search Engine.
You can get Vivaldi 2.3.1420.4 using the links below.
- Windows: 64-bit for Win7+ | 32-bit for Win7+
- macOS: 10.10+
- Linux: DEB 64-bit (Recommended) | DEB 32-bit
- Linux: RPM 64-bit (Recommended) | RPM 32-bit
- Linux: DEB ARM32-bit (Unsupported) | DEB ARM64-bit (Unsupported)
- Linux: non-DEB/RPM
The change log looks as follows
- [Regression] Pinned tab expands when closing background tab (VB-47104)
- [Regression] URL field selection is collapsed in some cases (VB-47428)
- [Regression] Wrong tab favicons in window panel (VB-47385)
- [Regression][Linux] After switching windows to another application, any click returns Vivaldi to the foreground (VB-47254)
- [Mac] Swipe between pages with three fingers not working when using native window (VB-44729)
- [Developer Tools] Opening links from inspector opens them twice (VB-11330)
- [Developer Tools] Saving an image doesn’t work (VB-47836)
- [Extensions] Evernote extension will not accept keystrokes (VB-42683)
- [Page Interaction] Focus page upon pressing Homepage button (VB-36693)
- [Page Interaction] Reader settings visible on all tiled pages (VB-47161)
- [Passwords] Passwords should be visible in Settings (VB-14045)
- [Quick Commands] Highlight search instead of note after paste (VB-47641)
- [Settings] Add option to keep last selected search engine (VB-45455)
- [Tabs] Tabs dragged out of stack to another rejoins first stack (VB-45713)
- [UI] No close window warning if browser is closed by other means (VB-47549)
- Upgraded Chromium to 72.0.3626.3.