The team behind the innovative Vivaldi browser released a new snapshot of the upcoming version 1.16. Vivaldi 1.16.1226.3 comes with a new useful feature - floating panels.
With its very first versions, Vivaldi featured a side panel, exactly like it was implemented in the good old Opera 12 browser. It contained a number of flyouts, including downloads, the list of open tabs, your browsing history, etc. Starting in version Beta 1, the browser supports web panels.
Web panels is a cool feature which allows you to track web site changes. Once you add a site into the panel, you can check its changes with one click. It is also possible to add an RSS feed there.
With Vivaldi 1.16.1226.3, the browser makes it possible to have floating panels.
Are you a regular panel user but find they take up too much space? Well then… I reckon you are about to love them even more. We have now added two new options under “Tools → Settings → Panel → Panel Options”. The “Floating Panel” option allows the panels to overlay the open website, rather than causing a page resize as you open and close it. In addition, you can enable “Auto-close Floating panel”. With this switched on, the panel will close itself as you move your mouse away from the panel area.
To try out the floating panels feature, you need to download the build 1.16.1226.3. Download it here:
- Windows: 32-bit for Win7+ | 64-bit for Win7+
- macOS: 10.9+
- Linux DEB: 64-bit (Recommended) | 32-bit
- Linux RPM: 64-bit (Recommended) | 32-bit
- Linux Unsupported DEB: ARM32-bit | ARM64-bit
- [New feature] Add options to support floating/overlay panels (VB-18296)
- [Regression][Windows][Linux] Crash when opening PDFs in Vivaldi (VB-41021)
- [Regression][Windows] Alt does not open main menu if multiple windows are open (VB-41184)
- [Regression][Mac][Linux] Right-click after Mouse Gesture performs no action (VB-41316)
- [Regression][Mac] Vivaldi will not Quit from windowless state (VB-41304)
- [Regression][Mac] Drop-down menus crash Vivaldi (VB-41350)
- [Regression] Crash opening links from devtools (VB-41381)
- [Regression] Extension toggle is displayed in URL field when hiding page action buttons (VB-41339)
- [Regression] Some events not reaching pages in tiled tabs (VB-38353)
- [Regression] Extensions page requires login if loaded in private window (VB-41206)
- [Regression] Cannot select text on internal pages (VB-40276)
- [Regression] URL selection is collapsed every other try (VB-41300)