Microsoft is releasing the Sticky Notes app version 3.0 gradually to everyone on the April 2018 Update (version 1803) or higher. The long awaited version 3.0 of Sticky Notes features the ability to sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices, along with many other great features.
Sticky Notes 3.0 brings the following amazing new features and capabilities:
- Sync (& backup) your notes across your Windows devices.
- If you have a lot of notes, your desktop can get a bit crowded! We are introducing a new home for all your notes. You can choose which notes to stick to your desktop or tuck them away and find them again easily with search.
- Before all the beautiful sunshine arrived, we channeled our dark energy into a dark themed note: Charcoal Note.
- Crossing tasks off feel better than deleting them! Now you can style your note with the new formatting bar.
- You may notice that Sticky Notes is performing a lot faster – that is completely on purpose.
- We’ve applied so much polish that the app is starting to look like a shiny pony!
- Drastic improvements on being more inclusive:
- Using assistive technologies and Narrator.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Using mouse, touch, and pen.
- High Contrast.
The following video shows the app in action:
Reza Jooyandeh, Microsoft's Engineering Manager for the app, announced the rollout on Twitter:
Sticky Notes v3 syncs your notes across your #Windows10 devices! We've started rolling out gradually to everyone on the April 2018 Update (version 1803) or higher. If you haven't received it yet, expect to see it soon! More: https://t.co/LSTzwcEKjk#MSIgnite #WindowsInsiders pic.twitter.com/cZEA0MfQk4
— Reza Jooyandeh (@RezaJooyandeh) September 24, 2018
The update should reach the stable branch of Windows 10 in a week. Many users have already received the update via the Store.
- Enable or Disable Delete Confirmation for Sticky Notes in Windows 10
- Sign in and Sign out of Sticky Notes in Windows 10
- Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10
- Backup and Restore Sticky Notes Settings in Windows 10