Microsoft today released a new beta version of Skype for Linux. It is a new application which uses the Electron engine. Version 5.4 makes it possible to make group video calls!
Here the change log:
- Enabled the Group video calling
- Updated to Electron 1.7.4 for performance and security improvements
- Fixed the Skype Update repository keys
- Bugfixes and improvements
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: www.skype.com/download.
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.