Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for computers and tablets with a touch screen. When you touch any text field on your tablet, the touch keyboard appears on the screen. If you don't have a touch screen, you can still launch it. Today, we will see how to reset the default open position of the touch keyboard app.
Windows 10 comes the following keyboard layouts which change the appearance of the touch keyboard. (To switch between languages, press and hold on the &123 key).
One-handed touch keyboard - this keyboard layout is optimized for single handed input. Windows Phone (Windows 10 Mobile) users must be familiar with this keyboard type. It looks smaller than other keyboard types.
Tip: You can use this tool to repair Windows problems and improve performance of the OS.
Handwriting - this is a new XAML-based handwriting panel which supports gestures, easier editing, emoji, and more.
You can switch between them by following the instructions in the article How to Change Touch Keyboard Layout in Windows 10.
The touch keyboard app remembers its position on the screen every time you close it. But you might want to reset its screen position and make it re-appear in the center of the taskbar.
Here is how it can be done.
To reset touch keyboard open position in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, delete the values OptimizedKeyboardRelativeXPositionOnScreen and OptimizedKeyboardRelativeYPositionOnScreen.
- To make the changes done by the Registry tweak take effect, you need to sign out and sign in to your user account.
To save your time, you can download the following Registry file
Extract the provided file to any folder and double-click on it to merge it. Confirm the UAC prompt and sign out from your user account.
- Disable Auto Correction for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10
- Disable or Enable Suggestions For Touch Keyboard in Windows 10
- How to Use Dictation with Touch Keyboard in Windows 10
- Disable Space After Suggestion for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10
- Disable Period After Double Space for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10