Microsoft just released a new version of their Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser. The update hits the Dev channel with version 22.214.171.124.
- The Chromium engine was updated to version 75.
- Fixed a crash when viewing a security certificate in F12 developer tools.
- Fixed a crash which prevented the browser from shutting down cleanly after the first time it is run.
So at the moment of this writing actual Edge build versions are
- Canary Channel: 126.96.36.199
- Dev Channel: 188.8.131.52
- The official preview builds of the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser are available for Windows 10 only. The 'Beta' Channel build is missing as of now, but its badge hints that it is coming soon. The Beta channel will receive updates every six weeks. The Canary channel updates daily, and the Dev receives updates weekly.
Microsoft has made a number of changes to the Chromium options by disabling and removing its certain services and features, including the search engine which is set to Bing by default.
The browser installs updates automatically. Also, you can manually check for updates by visiting the menu Help > About Microsoft Edge. Finally, you can grab the Edge installer from the following page:
Here is everything you need to know about the new Microsoft Edge browser:
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium