Microsoft today announced that they have finished development of Windows 10 version 1909 'November 2019 Update', previously known as "19H2". It is the right time to check your Windows Insider Program settings, as Microsoft is switching the Slow Ring to the 20H1 branch.
What is the Windows Insider Preview Program
The Windows Insider Preview program gives users the opportunity to try new apps and OS features before they are rolled out to the general public. You can join the Windows Insider Preview program if the following list is applicable to you:
- You are happy with the ability to try software that's still under development.
- You are OK with pre-release versions of the user interface of the OS.
- You are good at troubleshooting. For example, you know what to do if the OS crashes or becomes unbootable.
- You have a spare computer which you can dedicate to testing pre-release Windows versions.
Windows 10 Version 1909
Windows 10 version 1909, code named '19H2', is a minor update with a smaller set of enhancements focused primarily on select performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements. It is now officially known as Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
Microsoft is going to ship Windows 10 19H2 as a cumulative update to Windows 10 users once its development is finished. It will be available to Windows 10 May 2019 Update users as a regular update package, just like the monthly cumulative updates that Microsoft issues for supported Windows 10 versions.
Check your Windows Insider Settings
With the Windows 10 November 2019 Update now being finalized, Microsoft are planning to move Windows Insiders in the Slow ring forward to 20H1.
The company is about to make this change in the coming weeks.
Now is the time for you to verify your desired Windows Insider Program settings by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program to ensure you are on the ring you want to be on before this change occurs.
If you are an Insider who wishes to remain on the November 2019 Update – you need to switch to the Release Preview ring. See
Other articles you might want to check:
- How to Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10
- Stop Getting Preview Builds After Major Windows 10 Release
Windows 10 version 1909 resources:
- What’s New in Windows 10 Version 1909 (19H2)
- Windows 10 Version 1909 System Requirements
- Delay Windows 10 Version 1909 And Block It From Installing
- Install Windows 10 Version 1909 With Local Account
- Windows 10 version 1909 is November 2019 Update