If you are a Windows 10 Insider on the Slow Ring, then Microsoft has prepared a surprise for you. The built-in app, Sticky Notes, got updates today.
Sticky Notes for Windows 10 lets you create Cortana reminders from your notes. You can type a phone number and have it recognize it, and recognize URLs too which you can open in Edge. You can create check lists and use it with Windows Ink. It is a Universal (UWP) app which debuted in Windows 10 Anniversary Update and comes with a number of features which the classic desktop app didn't have.
A new version of Sticky notes, 1.7.1, comes with the following change log.
- Life just got a lot more colorful… well, your Sticky Notes did, at least. All your notes will now have a new shade and we've added a brighter accent color for the note that's in focus. We've also simplified our colors to make the app feel more uniform and a little crisper.
- Were we bugging you a little too much about updating Sticky Notes? We really like all our new features in each update but we don't want to shout about it too often. If you dismiss the update notification then we won't be quite as eager to remind you again. But… you'll have to update it to get less notifications about updating. So meta.
- You might have found yourself getting stuck in Ink List mode after erasing all your items. We've squashed that bug now.
- Talking of Ink Lists, for you Windows Insiders out there, we've also fixed the bug where only 1 item was being recognized in the list.
- Finally, we've fixed the bug that was causing you to lose your last changes if you closed the note just after formatting changes or using undo.
That's it. If you are on the Slow ring, you can use the following link to get the app: