If you decided to switch from the Internet Explorer browser to the new Microsoft Edge app which is promoted by default in Windows 10, you might face the issue that your Internet Explorer bookmarks do not appear in Edge. To solve this issue, you need to follow the instructions described in this article.
In most cases, users who face this issue, usually move their Favorites folder to some other location. It looks like Edge can't detect these settings properly and shows an error if you try to import them. To fix this issue, you need to do the following:
- Close the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Open File Explorer, and type or paste the following text in the Explorer address bar:
- Copy all files you see in this folder.
- Now type or copy-paste the following text in Explorer's address bar:
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following Registry path:
- Right-click the FavOrder value and select Delete from the context menu.
- Close Registry Editor and open Microsoft Edge. Your favorites will be available.
That's it. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment.