Movies & TV is an app bundled with Windows 10. It is a replacement for Windows Media Center which was removed from Windows 10 and for Windows Media Player which is no longer being maintained or updated. Unlike Windows Media Center, the new app allows you to buy and play media content from the Windows Store. Most of the built-in apps in Windows 10 like Settings or Photos are Universal apps which follow the white or dark theme enabled by the user. In Movies & TV, you can turn on the dark theme separately from the system theme.
Movies & TV brings you the latest entertainment in one simple, fast, and elegant app on Windows. On your PC and Windows Mobile, the app lets you play and manage videos from your personal collection. On all your devices, you can use the app to browse and play movies and TV shows you’ve purchased from the Store. Deep integration with Microsoft's content delivery service is the main reason why the app was created and bundled with Windows 10. The application is available for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
There is a special option in Movies & TV which you can use to switch the app to the dark theme. It can be easily enabled without using third party tools or hacks. You can change its mode to use a light, dark, or default system setting theme.
Let's see how it can be done.
To enable the dark theme in Movies & TV in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Movies & TV. Its tile is pinned to the Start menu by default.
- Click the three dots menu button in the top right corner.
- Click on the Settings menu item.
- In Settings, go to the section Mode and enable the desired theme by selecting the option Light, Dark, or Use system setting.
- Restart the app. You will see your change the next time you open the Movies & TV app.
- Download Light and Dark theme for Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Enable the Dark Theme in Photos in Windows 10
- Enable Dark Theme in File Explorer in Windows 10
- Enable the Dark Theme in Firefox 57