Today, I am happy to release a new version 4.0 of my AeroRainbow app. This version supports Windows 10.
AeroRainbow is the software that can change the color of Aero windows depending on your desktop background's color, or by a predefined list of colors. It can also randomize the colors. Initially, it was designed for Windows 7 to add a more personalized touch to your desktop.
AeroRainbow can be configured using the following options:
These options are as follows.
- Always random color tells AeroRainbow to generate and use a random color for Aero Glass.
- Use the colors list option allows you to add your favorite colors to the list. AeroRainbow will use them for Aero Glass.
- Speed - adjusts the speed of color change in "Always random color" and "Use the colors list" modes. Left value means the fastest mode.
- Use wallpaper as color source mode tells AeroRainbow to use wallpaper as color source for Aero Glass. Windows will be colored close to the color of wallpaper.
- Use active window as color source - windows will be colored close to the color of the current active window.
- Use only icon color - use the active window's icon as the color source for Aero instead of the window itself.
- Color calculation mode define which color of the wallpaper, active window or active window icon has to be used as the Aero color. It can be the Dominant color in the color source or the average color.
Use tray icon: When the tray icon is disabled, then AeroRainbow will be invisible, e.g. no UI will be shown when it is running. In that case, the user can manage the app using its command line arguments.
aerorainbow /close - closes currently running instance of Aerorainbow. Useful when you have disabled the tray icon in preferences.
aerorainbow /config - opens settings window. Also useful without tray icon.
If tray icon is visible, it has a handy context menu.
Left click on the tray icon to show the current and next colors.
The "Next" color is clickable and will be changed according to the rules of the color change (see description below).
Some examples of how it works (I use the active window's icon color mode):
AeroRainbow is a portable application. It doesn't require the installation.