If you follow our articles at Winaero, you might be knowing the many ways in which you can open an elevated command prompt in Windows 10. Here is yet another way, a secret hidden one, which allows you to open an elevated command prompt when all other ways are not accessible.
We will use a hidden, undocumented feature of Task Manager to open the elevated command prompt right from Task Manager.
- Open the File menu and point your mouse to the Run new task item. Do not click it yet.
- Press and hold the CTRL key on the keyboard.
- Do not release the CTRL key and click on the Run new task item.
Here's how to perform these steps using only the keyboard:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open the Task Manager.
- If the simplified view mode of Task Manager opens, then press the Alt + D hotkey to switch it to the full view.
- Press Alt or F10 to activate the Menu bar and the "File" menu item.
- Press the down arrow key to expand the File menu and select the "Run new task" item.
- Press Ctrl + Enter.